Think Cosmopolitan: we’re all about the home. Owned by Romain and Kim Dubus, we’re a small family business expending at a fast pace, the goal of the team is inspiring folks from all walks of life to take ownership of their spaces & create value where they’re planted.
We are a progressive procurement organization pushing the boundaries of traditional procurement reputation and methodologies. We are looking for individuals who can think outside the box to achieve company objectives regarding value and partnerships with our suppliers. Our organization moves quickly, and you must too. Think Cosmopolitan has the unique ability and desire to influence and shape suppliers to be better with us as we challenge our supply chain on cost, quality, and delivery. The Purchasing team has aggressive objectives for 2018 and 2019 that positively impact our product and bottom line. We are looking for the right person who is equipped and ready for these challenges to join our team. This position will primarily be focused on supporting the expansion and build out of supporting structures and facilities; however, you may be asked to support the purchase of anything that the site requires for day-to-day operations as well.
- Create assigned category strategies to support continued expansion of the sites (construction, raw materials, piping, valves, labor, etc.)
- Prepare, issue and analyze RFx packages for one-time projects and ongoing goods and services requirements for the Think Cosmopolitan sites
- Manage and maintain supplier relationships and monitor status of work performed
- Collaborate with the internal customers to understand requirements and roadmaps
- Conduct comprehensive supplier analysis, including strategic direction, market and industry position, capabilities and capacity, and risk assessment
- Recommend and implement sourcing strategy based on variety of factors, including product, operational, strategic, and financial considerations
- Analyze supplier performance and negotiate contracts, assess new supplier relationships, and consolidate supplier relationships as necessary
- Negotiate and implement cost-saving programs with suppliers
- Issue purchase orders, ensure timely delivery and resolve invoice issues
- Mentor associate buyers
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience in purchasing, supplier management, contract negotiations, or a related field
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, supply chain, business, construction, or a related discipline
- Experience as a Project Engineer, Estimator, or a Project Manager
- Effective written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Exceptional analytic and organizational skills
- Remarkable problem solving skills
- Strong technical knowledge and skills in current technologies and applications, especially Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to learn quickly and prioritize appropriately to meet customer and company needs
- Excellent customer service skills
- detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Conducts all activities with the highest of integrity
- Position may require long hours (10-12 hour days) and weekend work
- Willing to travel as needed
Think Cosmopolitan is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Think Cosmopolitan is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of Think Cosmopolitan’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (323) 747-8207.