Think Cosmopolitan: we’re all about the home. Owned by Romain and Kim Dubus, we’re a small family business expending at a fast pace, the goal of the team is inspiring folks from all walks of life to take ownership of their spaces & create value where they’re planted.
LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
As a Development Specialist, you will assist in the development, launch, and facilitation of learning experiences that improve the knowledge and abilities of our people managers and individual contributors. When you aren’t facilitating, you’ll be creating materials and planning/opening programs that support the transfer of knowledge between Think Cosmopolitan employees.
- Work collaboratively with the HR team and leadership to design development initiatives and programs aligned with overall corporate objectives and priorities while balancing available resources
- Facilitate multiple instructor-led development workshops for employees and people managers across the organization
- Create content for instructor-led workshops and trainings, e-learning, or web content, including: job aids, training guides, and participant materials
- Conduct formal and informal needs assessments to inform program design
- Coordinate with third party vendors to source specialized resources and instruction which are outside of Think Cosmopolitan’s expertise
- Develop metrics to evaluate effectiveness of development programs and facilitate ongoing discussions to improve content and approach for future endeavors
- Manage internal SharePoint sites and blogs for people managers
- Assist in the facilitation of New Hire Orientation
- Perform other duties assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2 years of work experience in training, development, education, publications, or other content development-related roles
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent presentation/facilitation skills with capability to support several training classes while interacting with learning participants
- Unfazed by ambiguity and comfortable in environments with shifting priorities
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate in both written and oral formats with all levels of management
- Open collaborative style; ability to work in a team environment and autonomously with minimal supervision or direction
- Proficiency with MS Office products
- Ability to quickly understand new software and/or technical tools
- Experience managing multi-demand and multi-priority projects simultaneously while making effective and timely decisions
- Ability to work extended hours or weekends when required. Some travel may be needed across Think Cosmopolitan locations
- Certifications in assessments (DiSC, StrengthsFinder, Hogan, etc.)
- Master’s degree in Industrial Organizational Psychology
- Curiosity to understand the strategic priorities for Think Cosmopolitan how learning and development can best address skill and knowledge gaps in the workforce
Think Cosmopolitan is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Think Cosmopolitan is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of Think Cosmopolitan’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (323) 747-8207.