Think Cosmopolitan: we’re all about the home. Owned by Romain and Kim Dubus, we’re a small family business expending at a fast pace, the goal of the team is inspiring folks from all walks of life to take ownership of their spaces & create value where they’re planted.
LEAD PHOTO ASSISTANT - HOLLYWOOD
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
The Lead Photo Assistant is an extremely reliable and organized person that is crucial to the efficient operation of a large commercial photography studio. This role serves as the leader of a crew of photo assistants and is responsible for the tracking, organization and maintenance of studio equipment. This individual works closely with studio leadership to understand shooting schedules, make assignments, and identify opportunities to assist other departments.
- Provide day-to-day direction, supervision, coaching, and support for all photo assistants in the photo studio.
- Monitor team member schedules and make work assignments, ensuring that work is prioritized appropriately and sets are staffed.
- Manage the gear room by tracking and maintaining studio photo equipment.
- Assist the Director of Photography in identifying equipment in need of repair or replacement, and new equipment needs.
- Lead studio photo assistants by demonstrating proper set etiquette and complex techniques while working on set.
- Coordinate with other studio leaders to identify where photo assistants can help, and make assignments as needed.
- Work regularly on set as an assistant, set up and take down equipment, position lighting, and move products, under the direction of the photographer.
- Take ownership of safety and organization on the photography set by routing or taping cables to reduce tripping hazards, adding sandbags to unstable stands and sets, and generally ensuring that set pieces and equipment are secured and rigged properly.
- Willingly perform and effectively prioritize any additional tasks that are requested by the Photo Art Director, Producer, or stylists.
- Assist the set building crew as needed in painting walls, performing minor repairs, and assembly/tear down of sets.
- Assist the assembly crew as needed to unbox and assemble products for photography.
- Be aware of bottlenecks in the process and proactively identify ways to help.
- Work closely with merch coordinators to understand the shoot schedule and move products to and from set in order.
- Maintain an orderly and efficient photo set by returning unused equipment to its proper place and removing clutter from work areas.
- Travel with production crew on location shoots, and drive box trucks with props, gear, and/or merchandise as needed.
- Temporarily assume the duties of a Digital Tech or Photographer in the case of an absence.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned by manager and upper management.
- Follow legal policies as directed.
- 1-2 years experience working in a commercial photography studio required
- Proven ability to lead a team and manage others.
- Expert knowledge of cameras, lighting, and other commercial photo studio tools and equipment.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Capture One software.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Ability to prioritize work effectively to meet deadlines outlined in the shooting schedule.
- Ability to operate a forklift and pass forklift certification preferred.
- Valid drivers license and a clean driving record preferred.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Familiarity with Online and Digital Marketing as well as Direct Marketing
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally as needed
Think Cosmopolitan is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Think Cosmopolitan is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of Think Cosmopolitan’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (323) 747-8207.